The Independent Consumer Advocate will hold his annual public forum on Wednesday, October 11, 2023 at 5:30PM.
The purpose of the meeting is to report on the Advocate’s activities and receive consumer feedback.
The forum will be held in person at the District Headquarters, located at 555 Main Street, Hartford 06103 and will also be available on Webex.
Dial in: 1 (415) 655-0001
Access Code: 980 274 00#
Webex: Anyone who wants to join via Webex can find the link posted on this page on the day of the forum: https://themdc.org/independent-consumer-advocate/
As part of Public Act 17-1 An Act Establishing an Independent Consumer Advocate for Metropolitan District of Hartford County Consumers an Independent Consumer Advocate was established for the MDC who will advocate for consumer interests in all matters which may affect Metropolitan District of Hartford County consumers, including, but not limited to, rates, water quality, water supply and wastewater service quality.
NOTE TO CUSTOMERS
• If you seek assistance with, or would like to report, a water main break, sewer backup, or other emergency concerning MDC water or sewer services, please first contact the MDC Command Center by calling (860) 278-7850 and pressing 1.
• If you seek assistance with a billing issue, online bill payment or other customer service issue concerning an individual account, please first contact the MDC Customer Service Department at email@example.com or by calling (860) 278-7850 and pressing 2.
• If you seek assistance with a utility services related issue such as water or sewer permits, Backwater Valve Program, or Call Before You Dig, please first contact the MDC Utility Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (860) 278-7850 Ext. 3780.
• If you seek to file a claim for personal injury or property damage, please contact email@example.com.
• If you already have contacted or attempted to contact any of the following MDC staff departments with respect to your matter or inquiry, and you either have not received a response within 3 business days or you are not satisfied with the result, please contact the Independent Consumer Advocate at (860) 240-6186 or MDCconsumeradvocate@gmail.com. Please allow at least 1-3 business days for the Independent Consumer Advocate to respond or otherwise contact you.
Thank you in advance for your patience in allowing your matter to be addressed.
MDC Independent Consumer Advocate
Phone: (860) 240- 6186
Murtha Cullina LLP
280 Trumbull Street 12th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103
INDEPENDENT CONSUMER ADVOCATE OCTOBER 12 FORUM PRESENTATION
Public Act 17-1 An Act Establishing an Independent Consumer Advocate for Metropolitan District of Hartford County Consumers
ICA Alert : Applications for Drinking Water and Wastewater Financial Assistance Through LIHWAP Due by JUNE 30, 2022
Press Release: MDC asks customers to enroll in payment plans to avoid shutoffs 6.1.22
January – March 2023
January – March 2022
April – June 2022
July – September 2022
August – December 2022
January – March 2021
April – June 2021
July – September 2021
August – December 2021
July – September 2020
April – June 2020
January – March 2020
July- September 2019
April -June 2019
January – March 2019
October- December 2018